University City Associates

Assigned Parking

FAQs University City Associates


What is included in my rent?

The quoted rent price varies by unit. Please refer to the utility addendum in your lease to verify which utilities you are responsible for.

Back To Questions

Are there any leasing fees?

​Yes, there are two leasing fees. The Application Fee ($45 per applicant) is due at the time you apply for your apartment. This is a fee charged to cover the cost of screening of each prospective resident. The Administration Fee ($175 per resident) is a one-time fee charged at lease signing. This fee covers expenses that we incur related to leasing and preparing the apartment, including lease paperwork, tours, temporary utilities, marketing, and other related costs. We accept the following payment types: debit/credit card, automatic withdrawal, eCheck, or pay with a money order at the Leasing Office. We do not accept cash or personal checks in the Leasing Office.

Back To Questions

How do I set up my utilities?

If you have not contacted the applicable utility companies, you will need to do so before your lease starts. If the corresponding utilities are not put in the name of someone in the unit, you will be charged $75 per bill, per month for violating the terms of the lease. Please find their contact information below:

*Please note: if you are residing in Webster Manor (4224 Osage Avenue), your internet is included in rent and you do not need to set up an account.

Back To Questions

Are flexible lease terms offered?

Generally, we offer standard 12-month leases which run from summer-summer. We can sometimes offer leases 6-11 months, but all of our leases must end May-July. Please reach out to our leasing office to discuss options and availability.

Back To Questions

What are my security deposit options?

University City Associates will process a credit, criminal, and background screening for all applicants. Security deposits are equal to a full months’ rent. We do not run credit check on students with verifiable current student status.

Back To Questions

Do I need renter’s insurance?

Yes, every University City Associates resident will need to provide proof of renter’s insurance before moving in. You will not receive keys to your unit until proof of insurance is provided. Your lease requires you have a minimum of $300,000.00 in liability coverage. If you do not have a preferred insurance provider, University City Associates recommends Homebody, which can be completed via the website and/or phone number below:

Please be sure your insurance stays in good standing for the entirety of your tenancy with University City Associates, as you will be billed $50 monthly for any prematurely cancelled or lapsed coverage.

Back To Questions

Is the community pet friendly?

Webster Manor is currently our only pet-friendly property. Please contact the office for more detailed information on our pet policy and associated fees along with any other questions you may have.

Back To Questions

Is parking available?

Yes, parking options vary with location. University City Associates offers assigned spaces for a monthly fee. Spaces are limited and are given on a first-come, first-served basis.

Back To Questions

When is rent due/how do I pay rent?

Rent is due on the 1st of every month; however, there is a grace period until the 3rd. On the 4th, rent is considered late and subject to a fee (10% of the balance due accrued monthly). For your convenience, you can pay online via your ResidentPortal (click on PAY RENT under the RESIDENTS section of our website). We accept the following payment types: debit/credit card, automatic withdrawal, eCheck, or pay with a cashier’s check or money order at the Leasing Office. We do not accept cash or personal checks in the Leasing Office.

Back To Questions

What if I have a maintenance issue in my unit?

Non-emergency service requests can be submitted in any of the following ways: Submit a Service Request online using the Resident Portal, call the office and speak with a University City Associates’ team member or leave a message if your call is after the office is closed. For emergency situations (major water leaks, toilet back-ups in one-bathroom units, AC or Heating issues during weather extremes, non-functioning refrigerators, electrical outages, gas leaks and fire) we are available 24/7 at (215) 382-2969, option 2.

Back To Questions

How do I receive mail and packages?

Mail – Resident mail is delivered by the US Postal Service to your assigned mailbox. At move-in, you will receive a mailbox key. When you move-out, if you want to have your mail forwarded, you will need to complete a Change of Address Form with the local US Post Office or by visiting their website.
Packages – Packages should be delivered directly to your building, or you may have packages delivered to the leasing office, any Amazon locker, or a local delivery center.

Back To Questions

When is my lease renewal deadline?

If you are interested in renewing your lease, this must be done no later than the renewal deadline on the first page of your lease agreement. After this date, your lease will be placed on the availability listing for the following lease term and will be toured by our leasing office with potential future tenants.

Back To Questions

What steps should I take before moving out when my lease ends?

  1. Make sure your account balance is zero. You can do this online via
  2. Return all keys to the office before 12:00 p.m. (noon) on your lease end date. This date can be found on your lease agreement. There is a charge for keys not returned. Keys should be placed in a sealed envelope, labeled, and placed in the drop box located outside of the University City Associates Leasing Office.
  3. Download the Security Deposit Release form on this page and return it to our office via email ([email protected]) prior to your move-out. Only one check will be issued to one designated individual from your unit. This is the only way we can process security deposit refunds. Failure to return this form will severely delay the return of your security deposit.
  4. All furniture is to be removed from the premises. Your unit must be cleaned before vacating. You will be charged a fee to remove items and/or cleaning! No exceptions.
  5. Remember to cancel all utilities & forward all mail to your new address.

Back To Questions

How do I sublease my unit??

Please download the sublease form on this page, follow the steps, sign the form, and return the form in an email to [email protected]. Keep in mind there is a fee associated with subleasing (this can be found on your lease agreement) and subleases must be approved by the general manager. Your account balance must be zero prior to this approval being given.

Back To Questions

Can I cancel my lease?

No, your lease does not allow for cancellation. If you would like to permanently remove yourself from your lease agreement, you will need to re-let your unit. Please keep in mind there is a fee associated with re-letting. You will need to find a qualifying prospect to take your lease over for you, your account balance must be zero, and the re-let must be approved by the general manager. Please email your re-let request to [email protected].

Back To Questions